Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, October 4, 2010

Loving The Tree Of Life

Until just a few months ago, I had never heard of "Tree of Life" jewelry.  I accidently stumbled across a tutorial on YouTube, where a lady named Sharon was making one.  Hence, I was bitten by the "must learn how to make that bug".  So to date, I have made a bunch and I love them all.  My husband suggested I make one into a window hanging (a small one of course, nothing to cover the entire window).  For my window project, I chose an apple tree.  The outer frame is 12 guage copper, and I used a complimentary color of craft wire to string crystals and form the tree.  Oh my, how very pretty it turned out, so I had to make another one...and then another...and then another...you see the obsessive pattern here.  It was addictive!! 

I did make several changes to my pendants.  First I made the top have swirls and twirls, very artsy, and on others I formed a "v" or "m" shaped connector from which I attached it to a variety of stringing materials.  Very cool.  I also made different sizes with a variety of geometric shapes like a star.  I found I was only limited by my willingness to try a unique shape.   And the most fabulous part about the pendant was all the different beads, pearls, chips, crystals and colored wire combinations you could put together.  I have an apple tree pendant in my kitchen window right now that I put together with Swarovski crystals...sooooo pretty when the sun hits it! 

Hopefully this will inspire someone else to give the Tree Of Life pendant a try, or if you'd rather just buy one, please give my Etsy store a look...and if my Etsy store is sold out of the pendants, just email me and I'll add more.
Just one of my versions...the green crystals are beautiful when hit by sunlight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment