Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, October 1, 2010

My Passionate World Of Projects

Hmmmm, it seems my intentions of blogging a bit each day just didn't happen.  I'm resolving to do better - hopefully, I'll follow through.  So what to blog about...how about my latest obsession that has taken over a bunch of my time...well, two passions really. 

First, I recently pulled the crochet needles back out, bought the yarn, printed out the patterns, and now it's time to crochet those very cool, fingerless gloves in one of my favorite colors.  Side note here, I've really tried to narrow my favorite color down to one, but no luck...I have at least three I love, love, love...and anyway, who made the rule you could have just one?  Okay, back to those gloves.  The pattern is one I found on YouTube, and as soon as I saw it I'm sure the dool began.  I'll try to post the link, just in case someone whats to give the gloves a try to .  And here's a cool picture example of how they should turn out....these aren't mine and I'm not trying to infringe on their creator, I just want to show the glove style.    

And here's a YouTube tutorial that goes step by step for making a close style that's super cool too. 

So many styles, so many opportunities to wear as cooler weather comes into season.  And Christmas, oh yes, what a wonderful gift to give. 

Now onto my second obsession as of late, fabric wrist cuffs.  Yes, I love the Edwardian styles, Victorian styles, SteamPunk, Free Style and all the others found somewhere in between.  But, I do have a favorite as of this moment...who knows about tomorrow.  Hence, my favorite is the delicate, lacey ones, sewn up with beautifully soft fabric...it's important to have a fabric that doesn't itch skin.  I just finished a peachy pink pair adorned with ivory lace and satin trim, on which I used a hidden snap closure.  I do have plans for making another pair using a button closure.  Very cool too!  The wrist bands would be pretty with a sleeveless dress or blouse...but really, I'd wear these with my jeans to.  There's just so many combinations to create and sew!  I guess I'll just have to do them all.  Here's a picture that I found inspiring, but I changed the style quite a bit until I was happy with my end result...I forgot to charge my digital camera, so this pic will have to do for now.  Again, no copyright infringement intended...I just love the style. 

  And here's another example...the embroidered lace is lovely!!  And being able to work seed beads and rhinestones into the project...two other passions I enjoy...a gorgeous finished product.  Yep, I love the fabric wrist cuffs!!!

So there you have it, at least for today.  Now tomorrow, who knows what delightful new project I may crochet or sew myself into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment